The Melbourne Regional Chamber is thankful for our hundreds of volunteers.
In honor of today being the start of National Volunteer Week, the Melbourne Regional Chamber would like to take this opportunity to place a spotlight on our many volunteers who’ve dedicated countless hours for the betterment of the Space Coast community.
National Volunteer Week is celebrated annually during the third week of April and this year it will be observed from April 16th to 22nd. This celebration provides the perfect opportunity to say thank you.
During this week, we specifically, want to thank our
- 12 Executive Board Members, who dedicate their time and energy to provide strategic guidance in leading the Chamber to ensure the Space Coast continues as the best place to do business.
- 100+ Board Members, who make an elevated commitment to serve the chamber’s mission while facilitating partnerships and strengthening the economic climate and quality of life on the Space Coast.
- 20 Ambassadors, who dedicate numerous hours to welcome our partners and help them navigate the ins and outs of the chamber programs and events so they can take advantage of all the benefits chamber partnership has to offer.
- 8 Council/Committee Chairs, who plan/execute events while providing our partners with the tools they need to succeed through leadership training, information sharing and professional development.
- 90+ Past Board Chairs, who continue to/have supported the chamber’s mission despite their term limit.
Lastly, our 100+ nonprofit partners, who continue to make a difference in the community. We encourage your participation throughout this week to support their efforts.
Please see below for ways to observe National Volunteer Week.
- Get Involved.
- Do more than applaud by actively giving back to your community. Volunteer hours add up to real impact and community benefit.
- Spread the Word.
- Volunteers are often ones who don’t know how to say no and overcommit, there’s always a need for more people. Be a part of the change to reach out to potential volunteers by using social media. Invite your friends, neighbors and colleagues.
- Say Thank You.
- Showing appreciation to volunteers goes a long way. Write a note, send them an email, or thank them in person. You might light up someone’s week!
We will continue to celebrate the ones who make this possible.
Michael S. Ayers
President & CEO