The City of Melbourne’s Adopt-A-Road program offers businesses, civic groups, school groups, places of worship, families and individuals the opportunity to adopt a minimum of a one-mile section of a City-maintained roadside for the purpose of litter reduction. Teams make a commitment to remove litter along their adopted area at least four times a year and provide the City with a cleanup report after each event. The City provides safety vests, trash bags, and trash grabbers. Teams determine the cleanup schedule based on their availability and preference.
It’s easy to get involved! The first step is to contact the City of Melbourne’s Environmental Community Outreach (ECO) Division at (321) 608-5080 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in selecting an approved City-maintained roadside for adoption.
There are currently eight roadways available:
- Apollo Boulevard from Sarno Road to Eau Gallie Boulevard
- Florida Avenue from Lipscomb to the eastern end
- Florida Avenue from Dairy Road to Babcock Street
- Espanola Way
- Nieman Avenue from Babcock Street to Lorraine Drive
- Commodore Boulevard
- Croton Road from Sarno Road to the south end
- Parkway Drive from Stewart Road to Wickham Road
Once a road has been selected, the ECO Division will mail you an Adopt-A-Road Agreement for the site coordinator or representative to review, sign and return.
Once the agreement is approved and executed, your Adopt-A-Road team will receive a personalized sign from the City that will be installed at the beginning and ending points along the adopted roadside.
For more information:
- Visit our website.
- Contact Jennifer Wilster or Megan Selva at 321-608-5080
- Email email@example.com