DEI Task Force Launches New Equity Sponsorship Program
At the Melbourne Regional Chamber, our dedication to excellence for the Space Coast Business community and the public good is inseparable from our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is central to our mission to ensure that each member of our community has the full opportunity to thrive in our environment, for we believe that diversity is key to individual flourishing, professional excellence, and the advancement of economic opportunity.
Melbourne, Fla. [March 10, 2022] –The Melbourne Regional Chamber’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Task Force (DEITF) was born out of an identifiable need to create professional equity for all businesses across the Space Coast. What started as a conversation amongst a few partners and staff of the Melbourne Regional Chamber to create a space where individuals and organizations could be comfortable discussing topics and issues associated with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in the workplace grew into a task force with intentional objectives.
The MRC’s DEI Task Force exists to be a facilitator and connector of the best resources for businesses to utilize when seeking to understand diversity, equity, and inclusion. Their value proposition is to become a focal point for the community conversations around DEI and provide business leaders with access to information and expertise that will help them build more economically and socially inclusive partnerships and practices.
The MRC DEI Task Force will engage the following strategies to impact our community:
- Be a facilitator and connector of the best resources for businesses to utilize when seeking to understand diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Educate and implement best practices on the Space Coast to enable businesses, residents, and visitors to feel respected, honored, acknowledged, and understood.
- Lead by example: create awareness and an environment that empowers positive charge
DEI Task Force:
- Jamara Wilson, Chair, Progressive Cleaning
- Peter Mannino, Bank of America | Merrill
- Maj. Gen. Robert Mixon, Level Five Associates
- Beverley Squire-Wiggins, St. Francis Reflections
- Mark Malek, Widerman-Malek, PL
- Carrol Samuels, Brevard Achievement Center
- Monica Newman McCluney, Embraer Foundation
- Chantal Sheehan, Blue Fox
- Joslyn Barroso, Leonardo DRS
- Karla Micka, SCORE Space Coast
- Megan Miller, Space Coast Pride
The DEI Task Force recently launched their Professional Equity Sponsorship Program and is actively seeking qualified small business partners to participate and take advantage of the program and benefits. The goal of this program is to provide potential Melbourne Regional Chamber partners in underserved communities or demographics the opportunity to join the Chamber and build their personal and professional brand equity through resources, financial assistance and engaging programming exposure thus diversifying and strengthening our own partner base.
For more information visit DEI Task Force – Melbourne Regional Chamber or view our
DEI Task Force resources:
We would like to thank all of our wonderful DEI Task Force Sponsors who make this program possible.
Thank you for your commitment to professional equity.
Champion Sponsor – Bank of America | Merrill
Champion Sponsor – Shelter Mortgage Company
Champion Sponsor – Natasha Spencer
Supporter Sponsor – Progressive Cleaning
Supporter Sponsor – Blue Fox Agile Accounting
Supporter Sponsor – Raymond James
The Melbourne Regional Chamber, founded in 1925, represents more than 800 partner businesses around the Space Coast. It develops and promotes the business interests of its partners through representation, advocacy, education, and support, while contributing to the growth and prosperity of a diverse and vibrant business community. For more information, visit www.melbourneregionalchamber.com.