June 3, Wickham Park Pavilion
Our inaugural Bikes & BBQ event was a HUGE SUCCESS! The event featured a display of vintage, new, rat bikes and modifieds with a “People’s Choice” award in each category and Empty Barrel Push and Slowest Ride contests and MORE!
Presented in partnership with The Broken Barrel Tavern, this inaugural Bikes & BBQ event featured
- Smoked BBQ dinner from Broken Barrel Tavern of Palm Bay
- 50 Craft brew samplings from 16 Brewers
- The Country Classics Band (Classic Country, Bluegrass, & Rock 'N Roll - 50s thru 90s)
- Bikers In Need food donation drop
- Contests, including the "Face" of Bikes & BBQ Winner announcement.
E V E N T P H O T O S:
PEOPLE'S CHOICE Award Winners:
VINTAGE Category - 1947 Harley Knucklehead, owner Jim Kuhman.
NEW Category - Joey's 2009 Softail Deluxe. RAT BIKE Category - Eric's 1979 Harley FLH.
MODIFIED Category - Built by Tim Caldwell in honor of his son serving in S. Korea.
Ladies lineup for the SLOWEST RIDE, and Jennifer Pophan takes it slow and easy to win the first contest of the day!
Mitch Lane is the first to push his barrel over the finish line in the EMPTY BARREL PUSH Contest, while
Glenn Benson's steady ride wins the RIDE THE PLANK contest.
And the "Face" of Bikes & BBQ Winner: Carolyn Hess-Benson, shown with her co-pilot, "Star."
THANK YOU, again to our Event Sponsors, and to Broken Barrel Tavern!